The closest beaches to the villa that we suggest you to visit are:
- Loutraki (2.6 km): Loutraki beach is a waveless beach with fine sand, between the rocky shores of the bay. Also you will find restaurants and beach bars there.
- Marathi (3.2 km): Marathi has two wonderful beaches, divided by the pier of the harbour. None of the two do take precedence over the other, both are sandy and well organized with sun beds and umbrellas. The most important advantage with the beaches in Marathi is that you'll almost never see the sea with waves, even when it blows in western Crete. Also there you can find taverns and cafes by the sea. Marathi is ideal for families with children.
- Kalathas (11 km): Kalathas beach is quite long and most of the time you will not feel crowded. However, if you're looking for a secluded spot, you'll probably find it in one of the sides of the beach. Be aware that Kalathas beach is being affected by the winds.
- Stavros beach (14.4 km): In Stavros village you will find two beaches. The main beach where “Zorbas” was filmed is located in the east side of the village, at the foot of the mountain and has marvellous white sand and shallow turquoise waters.
The second beach of Stavros is located in the north side of the village and has sand and rocks in places and is less organised than the first but cleaner.
- Seitan Limania (13.4 km): There you will find a beach that differs from other beaches. Nature created three inlets between the steep cliffs of the peninsula. In one of them is located the well-hidden beach which is not organised. Be aware that in order to reach Seitan Limania beach, you have to park your car and then climb down a path, not that easy for children or elderly people.
Furthermore, on the west of Crete you will find some of the most amazing and famous beaches of Crete and Greece like “Phalasarna”, “Balos”, “Gramvousa”, and “Elafonisi”.
Although those magical beaches are one and a half hour drive away from the villa, we definitely suggest you to visit them as we assure you that you will leave with unforgettable memories.
Crete is a magical island filled with myth and legend, a place to relax the ideal choice for all the family.